Monday, December 20, 2004

I Got a Job!!!!!

I got a job,
I got a job,
I got a job,
hey, hey, hey, HEY!!!

I am now a SECURITY GUARD!!!! I work at the Minneapolis Convention Center as a patrol guard. I walk through a sector of the Conv. Center, and check for bad guys, sleeping drunks, bombs, fire, broken or hazardous equipment. In general, just maintaining a presence and being visible. I feel very cool. ;) It actually pays pretty well too, and since I was hired to work 32 hours (which is considered full-time), I will get benefits! Francis says that the benefits package isn't the best, but it's not particularly bad. I think I'm just looking forward to being able to pay my own medical expenses and paying my own personal bills without relying on the state to help.

LOOK AT ME BE INDEPENDENT!!!!!! :D

I have completed 40 hours of patrol training and BOY are my feet tired after 8 hours of walking around! I think I have put 40-50 miles on my shoes already. At the end of a full day, it feels like the soles of my feet have bruises on them! My hip muscles are super-sore too, and I'm hoping that all the exercise I'm getting will have a beneficial effect on my general health, to be vague. I will get a picture of me in my uniform and try to get it on here, so you can see. ;)

No comments: