So I was supposed to fly home tonight for my dad's retirement party tomorrow. 9pm, my flight is scheduled to leave. Thing is, the National Weather Service is predicting a HUGE snowstorm to come in today. So thinking ahead (actually, a coworker suggested it) I changed my itinerary yesterday afternoon to an outbound flight leaving at 3:15 this afternoon, figuring I'll just leave work a few hours early and get out before the weather gets too bad.
Are you with me so far? Good.
Then last night I got a call from Katie saying my dad had looked and that the 3:15pm flight was already cancelled due to "forecasted weather conditions". I hop online at www.nwa.com and see that I have been auto-rebooked for my original 9pm flight. My only alternative to this is a 6am flight today...which I don't feel comfortable taking since it will require my taking TWO days off of work, and at short notice. So I keep the 9pm rebook and keep my fingers crossed.
This morning at 6:15am my phone rings and a recording informs me that the 9pm flight has been cancelled due to the same forecasted weather conditions, and that I have been auto-rebooked for the 6:40am flight tomorrow. I will land in Dayton, Ohio at 11:20am, if all goes well. His party at the Highway Patrol post starts soon thereafter. This flight plan must not change if I am to make it to his party. Please say a prayer that by tomorrow morning they can get the runways clear so I can go to Ohio. I really don't want to miss any of this!!!