Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I got a job, people! The position I was hired for (Engineering Assistant) is being phased out due to construction projects being put on hold because of high construction costs...so I was possibly OUT of a job. But today the Exec VP of HR called me into her office (scary!) and offered me the position of receptionist/front desk person until such a time that an engineering assistant is needed again...maybe not for a while. I accepted, with gratitude. This includes actually being hired on by the company full-time, a pay raise, paid holidays, and insurance benefits...and job security! Yay, yay! I'm very happy about it...just wanted to share. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

word to your mother said...

YAAAAAAAY!!!!! Jennifer Marie!!!! You have no idea how excited I am for you!!!!! It's such a relief to the mind and body to have job security and a pay raise!!!!! Congratulations!!! You definitely deserve this!!!!

Becky said...

good job jenni!! that is so cool! go celebrate and eat something bad for you!!
when do you start as their full-time employee?

melissa said...

Congrats!!!!I am so glad for you Jo! You deserve this! Have a party!!!

Emily said...

:)

Anonymous said...

What everybody said is true! You do deserve it, it is very cool, and you should have a party!
With lots of smiles!
Congrats Jenni!
Love ya, M

Anonymous said...

Christmas? You coming home or not? Cuz I want to see you!! Come home come home it's been forever! Congratulations on your job and I hope to see you soon! Love you - Shoes-on!