Monday, January 17, 2005

Easier Said Than Done

So I, being the spiritual supernova that I am, resolved to live the verse John 15:5 for the year 2005 and learn everything that God wanted to teach me through it.

WHAT WAS I THINKING????

I don't even know what it means "to remain" in God. Of course, I didn't know that I didn't know this until I gave it a conscious effort. Sigh. At first I spent a bunch of time committing the verse to memory. This is not difficult because the section I chose contain only three short sentences and is a commonly used verse. After that, I have found myself kind of floundering. I would go slowly over each section (which was helpful) and ponder the concept. I read all of chapter 15 to get a picture of what the auther was saying as a whole...that helped. But beyond that...what? Just walk around thinking about God? I'm assuming this is one of things I'm going to learn---how to remain in God. I'll be sure to let you know when I find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So far so good! I have heard someone say that remaining in God is to truly stop trying to run our own lives.